So J didn’t advance. 😦 And they might extend his tour in the sandbox for another month, which would pretty much eliminate any chance of Little J and I getting to make a Eurotrip to Greece. Actually J said there’s the possibility that he won’t know whether the tour’s getting extended until right before they’re supposed to leave, which pretty much eliminates our chances anyhow. I just can’t see saying, “Hey, I’m going to skip town for a month, starting next week! ‘Kay, thanks!” and having it go over well with my jobs.
BUT (and this is a very big but…HA!)
WE’RE MOVING TO WASHINGTON STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When J told me, I was waiting in line at the ATM and had to try very hard to resist doing a happy dance in the middle of the parking lot. It turns out I”m the only one who actually thought we had a chance. J said since we’re East Coast, that getting selected for the West Coast would be difficult, on top of which stateside sea duty can also be difficult to get, and the orders were for within the next five months, which is earlier than he’s supposed to be coming back from Greece. But for once, my stubbornness has paid off.
Now I have to track down the Experience WA magazine I had sent a few months ago.
In other news, I signed up for RVA Summer Camp. Half of me is shaking her head at the money that I reeeeally shouldn’t be spending, and the other half is thrilled with all the projects I’m going to be doing. The thrilled half has almost gotten the conservative half to be quiet. 🙂