Tonight I finished Day 6 of the 30-Day Shred. Woot woot!!!
Only 24 more to go…ugh…
I stepped up my weights from two pounds each to four pounds each. Ick. I’m hoping it’ll prepare me better for stepping up to Level 2. Every time I hear Jillian talk about how, if you’re on Day 5, 6, 7, you’re probably seeing an increase in your endurance, I think, No. No, it’s actually getting harder…
Yesterday I spent the afternoon having some “me” time. I went to a creativity workshop at the local bookshop, but when I got there, I was the youngest person by at least two decades, so I pretended to browse and listened from afar. And by “afar”, I mean a corner shelf at the back of the group. It was an interesting talk, and the man played some of his music, which was pretty cool. I ended up buying a book on party-planning, Dr. Greene’s Raising Baby Green and Shel Silverstein’s Where the Sidewalk Ends. I also got a wicked cool card with one of the illustrations from The Little Prince on the front and “You become responsible forever for what you’ve tamed.” on the inside. I can’t decide if I want to send it to someone or cut it in half and frame it. Decisions, decisions…
Then I went downtown and wandered around a couple stores and went to Hot Pink Cake Stand for Christmas in July…except they were out of pretty much all of their Christmas flavors, so I just got red velvet instead. Always a good choice.
By the way, Laney’s and my trip downtown to window shop and get a cupcake last week turned into a taste testing. We were trying to determine whether I wanted cupcakes from Hot Pink Cake Stand or Coastal Cupcakes for my hypothetical future wedding. It was a tie. But I got some pretty cupcake pictures nonetheless.
I told J he’s going to have to do a blind taste test when he comes home and be the one to make the choice. He had no problem with that of course. 😀
Today is the first day of Janel’s Journaling for a Cause class, and I’m wicked excited. That’s going to be my shred reward for as long as it lasts, so hopefully that’ll get me up on time in the morning to shred before picking up KyBugs. Tonight was a simple – but fabulous – introduction page that I’ll post tomorrow after I do my second page.
Oh! And here’s this week’s answers…
1. Thong or Granny Panties? Umm, neither? But if I had to choose, thong, I guess.
2. If you see a guy with his fly down, do you tell him? Of course! You can’t let someone walk around with their skivvies – or more – showing.
3. Spanx or no Spanx? I don’t wear them regularly, but if the occasion called for it, I definitely would.
4. Do you sleep in your sheets? Not usually. Half the time I don’t even put the top sheet on.
5. What is your favorite Disney character? Pluto if we’re thinking classics. He was always my favorite aside from the princesses.
6. Dream vacation spot? There’s a place in Lapland, Finland called Kakslauttanen (Your guess is as good as mine…) that has glass igloos you can sleep in. That’s my number one place right now.
7. What is your dream job? To be a homeschool teacher. I think that would be a blast.
8. Who is your hero, and why? It would take forever to list everyone I admire and why. So many people get up in the morning with the intentions of “being the change”, and I’m lucky enough to know quite a few of them.
Last but not least…
Ashley over at The Daisy Parade is doing a “24 Before I’m 25” list. I have less than a month until I turn 25, but I’ve been thinking about little things I can accomplish between now and then. A couple I stole from my Day Zero list. I’ll post that tomorrow, too, but this post is getting kind of long, so I think it’s time to call it a night!